Young Education Professionals-Boston
Google Group Posting Guidelines
Posting Guidelines for the YEP-Boston Google Group
All postings to the Google Group are moderated by the YEP-Boston Leadership Team. Any member may post a message to the Google Group if it fits into the guidelines below.
Wherever mentioned below, “education” refers to policy, research or practice in the field of education at any level, and also includes youth and workforce development. This definition encompasses work focused locally, nationally or internationally, though regional limitations are sometimes indicated.
Acceptable Google Group Posts
· Job/internship postings related to education
· Upcoming local events related to education in the greater Boston area
· Calls for involvement in research projects or papers focused on education
· Requests for volunteers on education-related endeavors
Unacceptable Google Group Posts
· Any postings not related to education
· Sales emails of any kind, even those related to education
· Upcoming events that are not in the greater Boston area (consider sharing these via the YEP-Boston Linked In Group)
· Recently released research/information focused on education (consider sharing these via the YEP-Boston Linked In Group)
· News/blog articles or podcasts unless directly related to YEP-Boston promotional items (consider sharing these via the YEP-Boston Linked In Group)
When submitting an event or opportunity, please:
- Do not include personal messages to the Leadership Team. Your post will be sent out to the Group as-is. Questions or requests for the Leadership Team can be sent separately to boston [at] youngedprofessionals [dot] org.
- Do not include attachments. These are lost once the message is posted to the Group. Instead, include all information in the body of the message, and/or use links to direct readers to appropriate documents or websites for more information.
- Do include all necessary contact information. Please include full names, email addresses, physical addresses, phone numbers, event dates, registration/application deadlines, and links as appropriate in order for your post to be most effective.
- Do be descriptive in the message Subject. For example, if you are submitting an event, consider using the heading [Event] in the subject, along with the title and date of the event. This will help readers easily navigate to the posts they're most interested in.
If you have any questions about these posting guidelines, please contact us at boston [at] youngedprofessionals [dot] org.