YEP-DC HOME | ABOUT US | OUR WORK | GET INVOLVED | BLOG | TEAM | DONATE
From classrooms to conference rooms, organizations point to quality of talent as the leading factor to achieving mission success across policy, practice, and research sectors. Historically, young education professionals have lacked a structured means to build leadership skills, clarify and advance their career vision, and connect across sectors.
YEP’s mission is to connect and empower early-to-mid career professionals through knowledge, career and professional development programs that bridge education policy, practice, and research. By doing this work, we are equipping tomorrow’s leaders to answer the toughest challenges in education today and into the future.
Through our unique professional, career, and knowledge-development programming, we empower the next generation of education leaders.
- Each spring, YEP-DC designs and hosts a Policy to Practice Conference, a major knowledge and professional development event for education professionals in the District.
- Edu-Jobs, our signature career-development program, has connected hundreds of young professionals with leaders in their field to build ties and sharpen their career trajectory.
- YEP-DC’s new professional development series called 'Next Step' provides professionals the tools needed to leverage their skills and increase their effectiveness in the education sector.
- YEP-DC convenes the sharpest minds in policy, practice, and research to engage with one another and young leaders through panels, roundtables, and our popular blog Recess. Our aim is to foster dialogue that contributes substantively to the direction of social policies in education.
- Through the YEP-DC mentorship program early-career education professionals can enhance their skills with the help of a mentor.
YEP-DC has a formal membership program to deliver our constituents high quality programming on a scale and quality otherwise impossible. When you join as a member, you gain access to an exclusive jobs listserv and receive advance notice and deep discounts to our professional, career, and knowledge-development programming. Why wait? Join the next generation of education leaders today.